The following policies have been designed to acquaint all classes of membership of the Club with the services available to them.
The membership is encouraged to abide by these rules, so as to ensure the proper utilization of the facilities and to be fair to their fellow members, thereby ensuring the maximum enjoyment for all.
- Dress throughout the Club is casual but must be “clean, decent, appropriate and of good taste”. This is the spirit to convey to our members. On the course and in the Club-House, jeans, short shorts and jogging pants are strictly forbidden.
- Members have the privilege of signing for any charges in the Pro-Shop, Restaurant or Bar. All charges must be signed by the member and the membership number properly inscribed.
- Club statements will be mailed monthly. Payments are due within 15 days. Members who are 30 days delinquent will have charge privileges suspended until payment is received. In the case of dues, memberships more than 30 days overdue will be considered cancelled. Interest will be charged on overdue accounts.
- The Club will not be responsible for any valuables, such as wearing apparel, golf clubs, bags, shoes, jewellery or money left either in carts, locker rooms, restaurant, golf storage facilities or on the golf course itself. It shall be the responsibility of each member to secure his or her own insurance coverage.
- The facilities of our Club are for the enjoymentall members. Therefore, loud, abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- The hours of operation of other various Club functions shall be determined by the Club and may be adjusted as member usage dictates.
- Should a member wish to discuss a rule, regulation, by-law, policy or otherwise with management, please call for an appointment. No member shall engage in any altercation with any other member or employee of the Club.
- Here, you will find equipment, clothing, accessories, a repair shop, and golf lessons.
- The Golf Pro-Shop is a non-smoking area. Please extinguish any smoking materials before entering.
- Lessons are available by appointment with C.P.G.A. Professionals.
- Bag storage is available to all classes of membership.
- Before playing on the course, all golfersregister at the Golf Pro-Shop a minimum of 15 minutes prior to their tee time.
During the week, members only may book playing times 72 hoursin advance. Non-members may book 48 hours in advance. Week-ends and Holidays starting times are made by filling out, prior to Wednesday, a reservation slip in the Pro-Shop.
Complete reservation slip in block letters, indicating the desired time (and your second and third choices), at least three (3) names, and the telephone number as well as the membership number of the member making the reservation. Use white slip for Saturday, blue for Sunday and yellow for holidays. Deposit the slip in the correct box located in the Pro-Shop.
There shall be reserved starting times for ladies on Tuesdays from 8:00 to 11:00 a.m.
There shall be reserved starting times for men and ladies with privileges on week-ends and holidays, before 12:00 p.m.
Junior playing hours shall be Monday to Friday between 6:00 and 8:30 and after 12:30; Weekends and Holidays after 14:30.
GUESTS: Week-ends and holidays shall be on a space available basis. Member must place request in the appropriate box and check on Thursday if it is accepted. Guest fees will vary depending on the period of the season.
- WEEK DAYS :
From $25.00 to $40.00 (approximately)
- WEEK-ENDS AND HOLIDAYS :
From $32.00 to $55.00 (approximately)
If you have reserved a starting time and for one reason or another will be unable to utilize it, please inform the Pro-Shop immediately. Consistent failure to show up for scheduled tee times demonstrates a complete disregard for your fellow members.
Please note that all players are limited to one (1) starting time per day.
The following rules of play are established to enable the entire membership to derive maximum benefit and enjoyment of the golf facilities and to preserve the course conditions, so that we may all have pride in our course.
- All play must start from tee # 1 or tee # 10 with the approval of the Starter or Pro-Shop.
- All players must check in with the Starter a minimum of 15 minutes in advance.
- The Director of Golf or the Superintendent shall be the sole judge of when the course in unsuitable for play.
- Each player is responsible for replacing divots, repairing ball marks and raking sand traps.
- Only food & beverages purchased from the Club are permitted on the course.
- Dress code for the golf course is as follows: No jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, short shorts, sweat clothes.
GENTLEMEN :Shirts with collars must be worn on the inside of trousers. Bermuda shorts are acceptable with knee or ankle length socks.
LADIES :Shirts (with or without sleeves) with collars must be worn on the inside of trousers. Bermuda or Jamaica shorts are permitted.
- Starters and Rangers’ decisions are final and must be obeyed. If, for any reason, you may feel unjustly or roughly treated, please bring the problem to the attention of the Golf Director.
- Searching for lost balls is not permitted during the round or otherwise. This does not mean you cannot search for your own ball.
- Multiple ball playing or practicing on the course is strictly forbidden.
- Soft spikes are mandatory.
Our regulations regarding use of carts are as follows :
- All carts, powered or otherwise, must follow signs and cart paths.
- All drivers must be in possession of a valid driver’s permit.
- No children, 18 years of age or under, may ride on cars, except with the permission of parents who have signed the appropriate waiver. Waivers may be signed in advance and are available in the Pro-Shop.
- Power cars are not permitted in parking lot or on the practice fairway.
- Members are responsible for any and all damages to their assigned cart. Damages must be reported to the Pro-Shop immediately upon completion of play.
Lightning causes many deaths and injuries on golf courses. Players should take every precaution to protect themselves and others against lightning. Lorraine Golf Club assumes no liability for injury or death due to lightning.
However, the Club will do everything possible to forewarn golfers on the course of any upcoming danger. If you should hear the air horn sound 3 short blasts, please consider it a warning to head for shelter or the Club-House as soon as possible. Be aware that raising clubs or umbrellas above the head increases the hazard when lightning is near.
When a shelter is not available, seek:
- Dense woods, not isolated trees;
- Low lying areas, not hill tops and bodies;
- Automobiles with metal tops and bodies.
- Wire fences and overhead wires;
- Tractors and other golf course maintenance equipment;
- Isolated trees, golf cars or any open vehicle.
When we re-open the course, we will give two (2) long blasts on the air horn. In all situations, a player plays at his own risk.
- Dress code for practice fairway is the same as for the Golf Course.
- Practice golf balls are obtained at the Pro-Shop.
- Golf shots must be directed away from De Gaulle Blvd and toward target flags.
- All practice must be from tee markers or ropes.
- Practice green is for all members. Please do not monopolize this area.
- Range balls may not be retrieved or taken from the practice fairway.
- Golf bags, etc. are not permitted in the Club-House.
- Dress throughout the Club-House is casual. Good taste is required at all times.
- Loud, abusive or profane language will not be tolerated.
- To safeguard against confusion, all charge tickets must bear the member’s number and signature.
- Wearing of caps or hats is discouraged in Club-House.
- Alcoholic beverages should not be taken away from Club-House.
We remind you that your suggestions and/or comments are always welcome. We invite you to deposit them in the suggestion box that can be found in the locker room. Be assured that they will all be considered, as long as they are signed. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to improve our golf club.
Or, you can also forward your comments via e-mail: email@example.com